Grad » Student Transcripts

Student Transcripts

Post-Secondary Institution Selections for 2020 Graduates


The Ministry of Education distributes transcript information to post-secondary institutions (PSIs) following the selection of a PSI by a student in the StudentTranscripts Service. Read the following for details about deadlines, information for students and schools.


For Students


Post-Secondary Selections

Grade 12 and adult students can view and order their transcripts to be sent to PSIs, prospective employers and themselves on the StudentTranscripts Service at: Students must create a Basic BCeID account to access their information. Students need only complete their PSI selections once in the current school year. Students should make their PSI selections by May 1, 2020, but if needed, may add to their selections at any time through July 10, 2020.


Distribution of Transcripts


PSIs receive student transcripts through a variety of methods including XML data transfer, electronic batch files and more. PSIs with the new XML data transfer capability* receive transcript information throughout the year. For PSIs on the electronic batch process, interim transcript information is sent by the Ministry in early May, and final year-end transcript information is distributed in late July. Unless the student needs to send their printed transcript now, the student should leave the default option to allow the PSI to accept transcript information as it becomes available.


XML Transcript Information


PSI Student Selection Deadline: Any time year round

  • Student selects “Send my transcript now and allow this Post Secondary Institution to request transcript updates until the date specified” (the default), and transcript information is then available to the PSI throughout the year
  • The PSI immediately receives interim transcript delivery and several PSIs* are able to request updates to interim marks and final marks as required
  • PSIs will then have 12 months after authorization to request updated transcripts
  • (Note: If the student selects “Send my printed transcript electronically now,” the PSI will not be able to receive updates to transcript information made through the year)


*Currently available for students selecting the University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University, University of the Fraser Valley, Vancouver Island University, Thompson River University, Kwantlen Polytechnic University, College of the Rockies, Coast Mountain College, Camosun College, College of New Caledonia, Emily Carr University of Art + Design, Nicola Valley Institute of Technology, North Island College, Justice Institute of British Columbia and Northern Lights College.


Batch Process Transcript Information


PSI Selection Deadline - Interim Mark Inclusion: May 1, 2020

  • Student selects “Send Interim and Final Marks when they become available” (the default)
  • Ministry then sends Interim batch Transcript information to participating B.C. PSIs, University of Alberta, University of Calgary and the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC): May 6, 2020 (Note: If the student selects “Send my printed transript now,” the PSI will not be able to receive updates)


PSI Selection Deadline - Final Transcript Information: July 10, 2020

  • Provided the student selects either “Send Interim and Final Marks when they become available” or “Send Final Marks when they become available” before this date, the student’s final transcript information will be included when the Ministry sends final Transcript information to all students’ selected PSIs in late July


Guidance Sources


Before making PSI selections for this school year, students are encouraged to download the poster and view the following YouTube how-to videos (available in English, French and Mandarin):


  • Registering for a BCeID and accessing the StudentTranscripts Service


  • How to order/send a transcript to a Post–Secondary Institution


  • How to send a transcript to an employer, yourself or anyone

Additional Notices for Students


  • IMPORTANT: Canada Post has posted a notice of potential delivery delays to USA and temporary suspension of international service to some countries due to COVID-19. If you need to deliver a transcript to a post-secondary institution in a country listed for suspension of international mail service, please contact that institution to find an acceptable delivery method.
  • For PSIs that only accept paper transcripts, the default selection is “Send Final Marks when they become available.”
  • Students may make up to 25 PSI selections free of charge within six months after completing their last course. After six months, students will be charged $10 per transcript, payable on the StudentTranscripts Service.
  • Under the heading “Send your transcript to an employer(s), yourself or anyone,” graduating students can also order their own free printed transcript (by mail) as soon as their transcript shows a graduation date at the bottom of the page, or can send an electronic copy via PDF download to anyone they choose
  • For students having difficulty accessing StudentTranscripts Service, please use your legal name as it appears on your Unofficial Transcript of Grades. Contact your school if corrections to legal name or birthdate are needed or if your transcript is missing course information.


For Schools


Schools are encouraged to regularly submit their TRAX Data Uploads (DEM, CRS, XAM files) to ensure that student marks are up to date in the TRAX system. If a student’s legal name or birthdate is incorrect and you are the student’s School of Record, please report the correction with a scan of official document to 




Schools with questions, please email (students can contact

If offshore schools have questions, please email

Graduating students are able to create an account and login to the site below to access Provincial Exam results, transcripts and or Post Secondary Institution (PSI) selections. Students will need their PEN (Provincial Education Number) which they can find on their Report Card or contact the office.
Click Here for instructions on how to order your transcript from the Ministry of Education.
The Isfeld office can also help you with your transcript requests. Please contact our Senior Administrative Assistant Lisa Nicholls for more information.