Post-Secondary Institution Selections for 2021 Graduates
The Ministry of Education distributes transcript information to post-secondary institutions (PSIs) following the selection of a PSI by a student in the StudentTranscripts Service. Read the following for details about deadlines, information for students and schools.
For Students: StudentTranscripts Service
By July 10, 2021, Grade 12 and adult students are encouraged to visit the StudentTranscripts Service to authorize release of their transcript data to their chosen post-secondary institutions for admissions purposes.
For Students: StudentTranscripts Service (STS)
To register for STS, students must first create a Basic BCeID account. Refer to help documentation for guidance.
Students need only complete their PSI selections once in the current school year but may add to their selections at any time up to July 10, 2021. Current students may make up to 25 selections free of charge within six months after completing their last course. After six months, students will be charged $10 per transcript.
Distribution of Transcripts
How and when students’ transcript information is sent will depend on the PSI and the option selected by students in the StudentTranscripts Service:
- 22 B.C. PSIs and the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) can pick up final marks and transcript updates electronically throughout the year (when authorized by the student)
- Six B.C. PSIs, University of Alberta and University of Calgary will receive final marks through a batch electronic data transfer sent by July 31 (followed by weekly updates to early September for students with record changes)
- All other PSIs will receive paper transcripts, which will be sent by July 31st (typically arriving by mail at PSIs in the first week of August, or later, depending on the location)
Students can also choose the send ‘now’ option to send their most current transcript to a selected PSI at any time. They should review the transcript carefully to ensure it is complete and accurate.
For a $10 fee, transcripts can also be sent via a PDF download to any email entered by the student. Graduating students can also order one, free printed official transcript (by mail) as soon as their transcript indicates graduation.
More details are available on the Transcripts and post-secondary selection web page.
- Registering for a BCeID and accessing the StudentTranscripts Service
- How to order/send a transcript to a Post–Secondary Institution
- How to send a transcript to an employer, yourself or anyone