Ms. Kotapski and Mrs. Long , our School Counsellors at Isfeld, have Bachelor of Education degrees and also hold Master's Degrees in Counselling Psychology.
We adhere to the code of ethics and guidelines of both the British Columbia Teacher's Federation and the British Columbia School Counsellor's Association:
Serena Rotter, our Youth and Family Program Worker holds a Bachelor Degree in Child and Youth Care.
We provide many services to support all students and families at Isfeld including:
- Personal counselling
- Academic support, course selection, career and post-secondary planning
- Scholarship/Bursary information
- Help with study skills, organizational skill, time management, goal setting
- Family consultation and support - help for parents around their child's well being or educational needs
- Referrals - help for students, parents and families to find the resources they need in the community
- Presentations - classroom and parent presentations
Our goal is to empower students toward positive change and to help you to have the most successful secondary school experience possible.
Come to the counselling centre to see us or call (250) 334-2428 or email at the above addresses.
Information received through the counselling relationship is confidential. The school Counsellor/ Youth and Family Program Worker regards such information as confidential and does not voluntarily divulge such information without the student's prior consent.
Some helpful links:
MCFD: Parent/Teen Mediation Free and Confidential (250) 335-2343
Sexual Orientation and Gender:
Sexual Abuse Intervention